Hi-Tech Training Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Installation course is designed to give participants a practical knowledge of the operation and installation of CCTV systems at a foundation level.
Duration and Schedule
- Understand the fundamental elements that make up a CCTV System.
- Set up a Camera
- Set up a Monitor
- Set up Switches
- Set up Quads
- Set up Multiplexers
- Set up recording devices
- Connect up and test system elements
- Be aware of the issues associated with lighting and scene illumination
- Adjust the Back Focus of a lens to prevent picture going out of focus from day to night.
- Be aware of the significance of the “Operational Requirement” and the EN50132 test protocols
- Be aware of the relevant standards and issues
- Use a lens calculator to choose correct lens for particular application
- Have an awareness of the changing technology and it’s impact on the industry
- CCTV Systems:– Introduction and uses.
- Elements of a basic CCTV system:- Camera, monitor and digital recorder.
- Camera types and uses:- Fixed and movable, indoor and outdoor, monochrome and colour, day and night.
- Camera specifications:- Sensitivity, signal to noise ratio and resolution.
- Back Focus adjustment.
- Lens types:- Fixed and variable focal length, manual and motorised zoom.
- Use of lens calculator.
- Scene illumination:- Lighting considerations, LED’s, infrared lamp maintenance and bulb life.
- Switches, Quads, Multiplexers and control systems: – Types and applications.
- Monitors and Multiple screen displays.
- Recording the footage:- Analogue and Digital video recorders.
- Time-lapse recording. Reviewing video footage.
- Cables and connectors: – Types, uses, limitations, preparation and testing.
- Introduction to Digital CCTV and IP technology.
- Connection to other security systems.
- Use of test equipment including: – Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Light Meters, Pattern Generators and Cable Length Meters.
- Relevant standards, issues and the “Operational Requirement”.
- The Analogue or Digital option? Changing technology and keeping updated.
- On completion of the CCTV Installation Course, having been successful in TWO examinations (one written, one practical) the participant will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
- On completion of the CCTV Installation Course and successfully completing 1 written examination and a number of FETAC/QQI specified practical assessments, the participant will receive the FETAC/QQI – Level 5 Award – CCTV & Lighting (5N1771)