PRELIMINARY ELECTRONIC SECURITY
This introductory (or revision) course is designed to provide participants who have no previous electrical or electronics experience with the background required to attend the follow-on CCTV Installation Course, Access Control Course or Fire Alarm Foundation Course.
A Certificate of course completion will be issued to participants who have fully attended the course.
6 hours (2 x 3 hour training sessions). Classes will be held in comfortable surroundings.
- Understand the core elements that make up an Electronic Security system
- Understand the role of electrics and electronics in Security
- Study fundamental electric and electronics terminology.
- Test basic electronic components, connectors and cables.
- Construct basic electric and electronic circuits.
- Become competent in the use of appropriate test equipment.
- Electronic Security Systems: – Introduction, core elements, uses and practical demonstrations.
- Introduction to Electronics: - OHM’s Law and related formulae, Insulators and Conduction, Series and Parallel Circuits, AC and DC, multiples and sub-multiples.
- Relays: - Operation and Applications.
- Test Equipment: - Analogue and Digital Multimeters.
- How to test cables and connectors
- Analogue and Digital technologies.
Practical “Hands-On” experience: - 50% approx.